Top 10 Indicators that you've become a gene-aholic
by Mary H. Harris
10. You introduce your daughter as your descendent.
9. You've never met any of the people
you send e-mail to, even though you're related.
8. You can recite your lineage back eight
generations, but can't remember your nephew's name.
7. You have more photographs of dead
people than living ones.
6. You've ever taken a tape recorder
and/or notebook to a family reunion.
5. You've not only read the latest GEDCOM
standard, but also you understand it.
4. The local genealogy society borrows
books from you.
3. The only film you've seen in the last
year was the 1880 census index.
2. More than half of your CD collection
is made up of marriage records or pedigrees.
1. Your elusive ancestor has been spotted
in more different places than Elvis!